Tips for getting your rental application approved
Rental market is very competitive. Landlords get so many options to choose from, so they select only the best tenant. This means that you can be rejected for very simple reasons, like you have a pet or are paying an education loan. To prevent this from happening, you will have to create the most impressive rental application. For that, you should use the following tips.
- Keep your application simple, short and organized. Make it simple for the landlord to find the important details. Highlight the info you want to be noticed first. This does not mean that you should hide the info that is no in your favor.
- You should provide all the required documents. It generally includes the rental application, a cover letter, photo ID, pay slip for proof of employment, etc. You can get the detailed list from your realtor.
- The cover letter should be informative and personal. Do not make it too formal. Try to tell something about yourself very casually. Most landlords do not care about your qualification as much as they care for what kind of person you are.
- If possible and convenient, submit the rental application online. It saves your time and also that of the landlord. It will thus have a nice impact on them.
- If there is an obvious problem with your application, like bad credit or an undisciplined pet, provide with a solution. For instance, you can provide a guarantor for the bad credit problem.