What is blank bill of Sale
The bill of sale is a kind of receipt for the evidence of the sale and purchase of any item. The sale or purchase made through either a website or in person of items which are valuable, used goods, vehicles, etc. can use the bill of sale. The bill of sale can be made use of in buying or selling of real estate too. The bill of sale is a proof of sale, purchase and payment made. Therefore it is mandatory that a copy of this document is retained by both the seller and the buyer.
Important considerations in blank bill of sale
The blank bill of sale must have provision of including
- the name of the seller and the buyer
- the amount that is payable
- the address of the buyer and the seller
- the description of the property being sold
- the rights and limitations of the seller and the buyer
- if the item being sold is done so in an “as is” condition
- the governing jurisdiction
The blank bill of sale gives the buyer and the seller both, an opportunity to prove in court the sale or purchase of that particular item how much so ever small or big it may be. In other words this receipt of sale and purchase is an important document and if anything goes wrong it will help in defend you. The “as is ” condition also frees you from the responsibilities of servicing and any other liability after sale.