Learn to write Real Estate Gift Letter Forms
You might sometimes need monetary help from family members to pay down payment for real estate purchase. The banks will require you to furnish a written document showing the money received is a gift and not a loan. They want to make sure that the money received will not add to your debt obligations. For this purpose you’ll need to produce a Real Estate Gift Letter Form.
Things to include in the form:
- The lender’s name and address
- Date of gifting
- Name of recipient(s)
- Relationship between donor(s) and recipient(s)
- Address of the property for which the gift amount will be used to purchase
- A clear declaration that the money gifted is not a loan and is not intended to be repaid
The following sample of Real Estate Gift Letter Forms may be followed.
To Whomsoever It May Concern:
We [names of person(s) gifting the money] hereby certify that we have made [or will make, on a stated date] a gift of $[amount of money gifted] to [names of recipients], our [child, sibling, grandchild, or other relationship between recipients and lenders], to be applied toward the purchase of the property located at [address of property].
No repayment of this gift is expected or implied either in the form of cash or future services.
[Sign of gifting person(s) and date]
You should also be prepared with the following things to be on the safer side for any legal issues.
- A copy of the bank account statements of donors to show origin of gifts
- A copy of the gift check or online transaction slip
- A copy of bank statement of recipient to show actual transfer of the gift amount